Sunday, December 11, 2011

今・いま 「Ima (now)」

I've been meaning to draw a pocket watch that my late grandmother gave to my dad, and I took the time yesterday to give it a go and I'm pretty happy with how it came out..


I changed the numbers on the face to the Japanese kanji for "now", as an expression of my need to focus on the present and not always looking to a moment in the future and not to live simply en route to "something", I'm here now...

I was messing around with acrylic ink and I drew an orchid and put a poem I love by Jacques Prevert which I interpret to be about shedding the ritualism of grief, over what ever one might grieve over which might not necessarily be only bereavement, and to carry on. The latin on the top of the page is part of a poem by Virgil, it means "But meanwhile it flees: time flees irretrievably, while we wander around, prisoners of our love of detail." <3





No comments:

Post a Comment